Sunday, December 24, 2006

Home in Cincinnati

So I am back in Cincinnati for the holidays and I have been spending a lot of quality time with family and friends. Because we don't see each other that often, I have been spending a lot of time talking about what I am doing in DC and how I am enjoying it. It is fun to summarize my experiences and reflect on how they are enriching my life.
Cincinnati
With the year coming to a close I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity to work in the federal city and to meet all the fabulous people I have met and grown close with. I am not jaded by the political system, if anything I am repeatedly reminded of how important advocacy is, how important it is to take democracy beyond the ballot box (that is lecture I have been giving all my cincy folks).
Being home has also reminded me of the richness of my entire life. How many wonderful people have contributed to who I am and why I am proud to be from this midwestern city. I have strong roots that continue to ground me in the soil of love (cheesy!).
I am headed up to Minnesota the day after Christmas to see more family and will be returning to DC on the 1st... three days before the new congress settles in. See you in the New Year!